5.06.2009

Catacombs - 2007


Rated - R
100 min.

First off. I rented this purely because I think "Pink" is hot, also the main character Shannyn Sossamon is twice as hot. Say what you will, but this was a cutie fiesta! With that being said... This was suprisingly not nearly as horrible as I thought it could have been. Thats not to say, that its not long... poorly constructed, and pink's appearance is only there so that her name could be on the cover of the DVD release, but its not Horrible!
It pays a decent amount of homage to nice psychological horror, such as Texas Chain Saw Massacure. (the original, as far as I'm concerned there were no sequels/prequals)
There's a decent enough twist at the end and did I mention all the hotties?! zing!
But alas... at the end of the day the movie is WAY to long, at 100 min. it felt like... a couple weeks long... that could be poor writing, or perhaps poor directing/editing. But it is what it is. A trash it.
"My sister sent me a postcard. All it said was, "Come to Paris. It will be good for you." Forty-eight hours after I arrived, she and everyone I'd met were dead. "

______________
TRASH IT

No comments: