5.20.2009

The Bridge on the River Kwai - 1957


Rated - PG
161 min.

To say OWN IT, I think would be a bit over kill. This is an amazing film and deserves it's rightful spot in the pantheon of great all time films. But in my opinion it isn't the kind of movie that you would plunk in on a rainy day.
The movie follows a crew of hostiges held captive. They force them to build a bridge, get this now... over the Kwai river. Instead of doing the obvious, and trying to sabbotoge the bridge or perhaps make the junkiest bridge they can. These soldiers take pride in their creation. They are going to build the greatest bridge any ones ever seen. The ending isn't a suprise, but I wont ruin it for you if you haven't seen it.
The movie is a bit slow, the acting is supurb and I would not recommend watching the film with out being able to sit down and set aside a solid 3 hours of devotion, in order to view it straight through.
"I'd say the odds against a successful escape are about 100 to one. But may I add another word, Colonel? The odds against survival in this camp are even worse."

_________________
RENT IT

No comments: