5.15.2009

Wonderous Oblivion - 2003


Rated - PG
106 min.

Over the years many fine sports films have been made. These films are created to inspire and show the true test of the human spirit. Myself, being an american, I think of Football (American), Hockey, Baseball and maybe competitive eating. But I do not think cricket.
Yes cricket, that strange sport we stole baseball from.
What I can say about the movie is this, it touches wonderfully on thick topics of racism, dealing with them in an unique manner only the english could discover. I say this because when you watch a film about racism in the states, you think Black Panthers, Malcom X, MLK and just in general a much more brutal depiction. The English bring us a strange form of pride and disrespect in racism. They are truly a noble people. As for the sports aspect of the film, I enjoyed it as best that I could. The sport of cricket seems very silly to me. But if you are looking for an uplifting film envolving sports, thats a bit under the radar, I'd say check this one out.
Play ball!

_________________
RENT IT

No comments: