5.04.2009

X-Men Origins - Wolverine - 2009


Rated - PG-13
109 min.

The movie was, unfortunatly not as good as I would have hoped. Much like the 3 previous X-men movies, they took their artistic liberties with the story archs. Not to say that their stories are bad. But if you know anything about comics, it can be insulting to your years of fan service. If you are the kind of fan who has fallen in love with the X-Men universe, but only through the movies, then go rush out and see the movie. It's great, good action, decent story. (all be it, the plot has NOTHING to do with the comics it is based on.)
But all in all it was fine. If you like comics, RENT IT. If you like the movies, SEE IT. I know my comics, and I am a nerd. So I say rental. But either way, check it out.
"All I ever wanted was to travel to far off exotic places, meet new exciting people and then kill them. So I become a mercenary. My name is Wade Wilson. And I love what I do."

________________
RENT IT

1 comment:

wiikendwarrior84 said...

I could go off on another fanboy tirade about how much the X-men films are an abortion of the comics, but instead I'll just say that as completly independent story without comparison to the comics and yet still in relation to the previous Xmen films, this is sub-par. *Sigh* I really wish they would focus on more of the writing. I do got to ask though. Is it a dileberate choice not to have Victor refered to as Sabretooth so as to not confuse the movie series fans about why he becomes nothing more than fodder in the first film? Or is it a classic hollywood production continuity screw-up?

I agree with the rental, but only if your netflix list is running short.

If your a fan of the xmen films than the rent/watch/own rating shouldn't mean anything to you anyway except as to cause uproar in disbelief of the rating that didn't match your well-valued opinion. So, to recap... if your a fan, rent it... or see it... or better yet read the comics.

In a somewhat related note, the 1990's Animated series is going to be released on DVD soon. I can't wait to blow my wad(of cash) on another 90's cartoon I'll come to realize wasn't as great as I remember.